F1 - Hockenheim / News / NASCAR
At the weekend, so once again the GP of Germany. Because of the agreed rotation between the Hockenheimring and Nürburgring, this year is the distance in Baden it. The first race at Hockenheim without Michael Schumacher, so I'm curious to see how crowded it will be. Because even the German drivers are so far away from the success that has made Schumacher.
The route is known to be yes a few years ago been converted from Tielke. At first I liked the track at all, now has been found that the course is quite in order. The mixture of the long straight, the passage at the Mercedes grandstand and the classic motodrome is not a bad thing, because it calls for a lot of the car. The curves have become tidy as there are some available (Turn 1 and 2, for example) are really not easy to drive. You can overtake on the track also quite good, especially, of course, because of the hairpin. It gets really interesting, however, when it rains, but so can this weekend probably does not count, even if the Wettervorhsage indicating a few drops.
As every weekend at the moment, it is hard to tell which team is the better route. McLaren-Mercedes was doing very well in the tests last week, but you never know just whether Ferrari has not gepockert. It is certain that Lewis Hamilton will come after the grand victory in England with a new self-consciousness to Germany. Something like this can already bring a one or two tenths. Equally exciting, the question will be whether Nick Heidfeld to confirm its trend forward. There is some unrest in the BMW team, because Robert Kubica will probably courted by Renault and / or Honda. He has not yet determined whether he will go again in 2009 for the German / Swiss troops at the start. Such things are indeed normal, are not so welcome in a team but.
The midfield is more crowded and I have no hint of a shimmer, because who actually has the edge. Renault was in England Forward, Toyota was better for it in France. Red Bull at Silverstone itself in the foot, but the have caught up in any case. And then there's Torro Rosso and Williams, the fight for the connection. Closely it is in any case and Q2 the most exciting thing is once again at the weekend.
In addition to the F1 GP2 and Porsche Supercup is on the way. In the GP2 it has been going so slowly towards the championship. Even Giorgio Pantano leads with 50 points ahead of Bruno Senna, who has 39 points. That's quite a lot and Senna should not fail at the weekend, otherwise it is really tight. However - Senna seems to be set at Torro Rosso for next year already, even if he is not master. He should just go have a good season and be at least the second. I'm with Bruno Senna but not so sure how good the nephew of Ayrton actually is. In the British F3 he has never really convinced me, in his first GP2 year it went to even more leisurely. This year it runs much better, because he has succeeded, finally something reinzubekommen constancy in his race.
F1 - News
- Red Bull has finished (bad) confusion around the successor of Coulthard and Sebastian Vettel confirmed as expected. They wanted to make sure the well at the GP of Germany, which is a nice gesture. But the thing obviously was already clear. For a door for Alonso is then also fallen. Stay only Toyota, Honda, BMW and Ferrari. And Renault course, the Spaniards should have to hang one more year, if Ferrari can not be separated from Massa or wants. For the Germans it really goes then from 2009 to what. It is already expected of him that he makes Mark Webber hell and will beat him at the end of the season. Webber is likely to be a tough nut for the Germans, especially in the qualification, as the Australians known to be on a fast lap probably heard along with Jarno Trulli fastest in the circus. For Vettel Webber is the first real indicator of Formula One racing.
- Willi Weber has fired up the speculation machine, and claims that McLaren is separate from Kovalainen, so you can use Nico Rosberg. A devil will make McLaren. Firstly Kovalainen is not in a bad mood. He proposes Hamilton here and there in the qualification and brings important points in the World Cup. On the other hand, the Finn is a perfect water carrier and the team can concentrate on Hamilton. What better can not happen at McLaren, as such a constellation. Having a Rosberg would certainly be nice, but then you would also again more unrest in the team and two drivers who each take the points. Weber might well accommodate his protégé Nico Hulkenberg at Williams.
- There is to say the subject of Williams but also some. Somehow not like the communication between the team and Rosberg straight. The are quite a few interviews in which he complained indirectly about the team and their performance potential is in question. It is not at all times that he was wrong. The question is rather whether it's done. Especially if they have been this year with such errors as Rosberg is loaded. Now the media write a lot and not all may be true, but at least Premiere he leaves out an interview in which he does not critically deals with the performance of his team. I think it's rather ugly. Rosberg should think sometimes, what other options he had. At Renault, he comes from bad to worse, McLaren will not want him, Ferrari certainly not most, would not BMW, but if want to go for marketing reasons with two German riders at the start?
NASCAR - News
- This will be heard at the NASCAR like. The Nationwide team JGT will use a car in the Sprint Cup next year. At the wheel of Marcus Ambrose is sitting, the former master of the V8 Supercar series. The rise was possible because Brad Daugherty (Ex-NBA Star) has bought into the team and now holds 50%. The team is then called also JGT Daugherty. Ambrose fäht rum with moderate success in the NW series for two years, has been on continuously developed. A top 35 place is not impossible for the team.
- GM stroking his racing budget together. The car company now gets to feel the brunt of the bad U.S. economy. Entire $ 10 billion and will have to save you, and also the racing program, GM will be investigated. Here it goes, but once only to the sponsorship of some routes / races, the dearly GM. It has not yet said whether you want to save in the NASCAR racing department itself. But here you will probably answer it as a last resort, because you hardly want to fall behind Dodge, Ford or Toyota. At least not in the Sprint Cup. But the cost in NASCAR has exploded in recent years. Even Toyota hear that you want to put more money in NASCAR in any way. Ford has not taken a decision, at Dodge, you never know what's coming, because the company is owned by a private investment fund, yes. I am sure - should the U.S. economy continue downhill so, then that is just the beginning of a reduction aria in NASCAR.
Allegedly Jacques Villeneuve will go live in NW race in Montreal Presumably, he will take on the team of Robby Gordon He drives the # 32 Braun Racing, a team that is also supported by Toyota, and with this year.. Kyle Busch could already enter to win. But that to be a one time thing.
And what else?
- In WTCC race at Brands Hatch a Volvo C30 will go from the Swedish STCC Championship at the start. This could be an indication that Volvo seriously think about going into the WTCC. After Toyota this year by three corners with a Yaris in the championship coming, so seems some in the WTCC do.
TV Weekend Preview is online. Preview for the remaining races coming tomorrow.
|LIVE||09:55 clock||F1||Hockenheim first FT||Premiere, DSF||12:30, 17:15|
|LIVE||13:55 clock||F1||Hockenheim second FT||Premiere, DSF||15:45, 18:45, 23:30|
|Rec.||20:30 clock||Formula One||Hockenheim||DSF|
|LIVE||22:30 clock||ARCA||Kentucky Quali||SpeedTV|
11.073 total views, 9 views today