F1 - Hockenheim / News / NASCAR
At the weekend, so once again the GP of Germany. Because the agreed rotation between the Hockenheimring and Nürburgring, this year is the distance in Baden it. The first race at Hockenheim without Michael Schumacher, so I'm curious to see how crowded it will be. Because even the German drivers are so far from the success that has made Schumacher.
The route is known to be yes a few years ago been converted from Tielke. At first I liked the track at all, now has shown, however, that the course is quite in order. The mixture of the long straight, the passage at the Mercedes grandstand and the classic motodrome is not a bad thing, because it demands a lot of the car. The curves have become tidy, as there are some available (Turn 1 and 2, for example) that are not really easy to drive. You can overtake on the track is also very good, especially, of course, because of the hairpin. It gets really interesting, however, when it rains, but that can probably not expect this weekend, even if the Wettervorhsage displays a few drops.
Like every weekend at the moment, it's hard to say which team the route is better. McLaren-Mercedes was doing very well in the tests last week, but you never know just whether Ferrari has not gepockert. It is certain that Lewis Hamilton will come after the grand victory in England with a new self-consciousness to Germany. Something like this can already bring a one or two tenths. Equally exciting will be the question whether Nick Heidfeld to confirm its trend forward. There is some unrest in the BMW team because Robert Kubica will probably courted by Renault and / or Honda. He has not yet determined whether he will go again in 2009 for the German / Swiss troops at the start. Such gadgets are indeed normal, are not so welcome in a team though.
The midfield is more crowded and I did not stand a gleam, who since the moment has the edge. Renault was in England in front, Toyota was better for it in France. Red Bull at Silverstone itself a leg identified but have caught up in any case. And then there's Torro Rosso and Williams, the fight for the connection. Eng is in any case and Q2 be the most exciting thing is once again on the weekend.
In addition to F1, the GP2 and Porsche Supercup is on the way. In GP2, it has been going so slowly towards the championship. Even Giorgio Pantano leads with 50 points ahead of Bruno Senna, who has 39 points. That's quite a lot and Senna should not fail at the weekend, otherwise it will be really tight. However - Senna seems to be set at Torro Rosso for next year already, even if he is not master. He should just go have a good season and be at least second. I'm with Bruno Senna but not so sure how well the nephew of Ayrton actually is. In the British F3 he has never really convinced me in his first GP2 year it went to even more leisurely. This year it runs much better also because it has succeeded in finally something reinzubekommen constancy in his race.
F1 - News
- Red Bull has finished (bad) confusion around the successor of Coulthard and Sebastian Vettel confirmed as expected. They wanted to make sure the well at the GP of Germany, which is a nice touch. But the thing obviously was already clear. In order for a door for Alonso is then also fallen. Stay only Toyota, Honda, BMW and Ferrari. And of course, Renault, Spaniard should have to hang one more year, if Ferrari can not be separated from Massa or wants. For the Germans it is really about then from 2009 to what. It is already expected of him that he makes Mark Webber hell and will beat him at the end of the season. Webber is likely to be a tough nut for the Germans, especially in the quality, as the Australians known to be on a fast lap probably heard along with Jarno Trulli among the fastest in the circus. For Vettel Webber is the first real indicator of Formula One racing.
- Willi Weber has fired up the speculation machine, and claims that McLaren is separate from Kovalainen, so you can use Nico Rosberg. The hell will make McLaren. Firstly, Kovalainen is not in a bad mood. He suggests Hamilton here and there in the qualification and brings important points in the World Cup. On the other hand, the Finn is a perfect water carrier and the team can concentrate on Hamilton. What better can not happen at McLaren, as such a constellation. Having a Rosberg would certainly be nice, but then you would also again more unrest in the team and two drivers who each take the points. Weber would probably accommodate his protégé Nico Hulkenberg at Williams.
- There is to say the subject of Williams but also some. Somehow not like the communication between the team and Rosberg straight. The are quite a few interviews in which he complained indirectly about the team and their performance potential into question. It is not at all times that he was wrong. The question is rather whether they do this. Especially if they have been this year with such a failure rate as Rosberg, is loaded. Now the media to write a lot and not all may be true, but at least Premiere he excluded no interview in which he does not critically deals with the performance of his team. I think it's rather unpleasant. Rosberg should think sometimes, what other options he had. At Renault, he comes from bad to worse, McLaren will not want him, Ferrari certainly not remain still at most BMW, but if want to go for marketing reasons with two German riders at the start?
NASCAR - News
- This will be heard at the NASCAR like. The Nationwide team JGT will use a car in the Sprint Cup next year. At the wheel of Marcus Ambrose is sitting, the former master of the V8 Supercar series. The rise was possible because Brad Daugherty (Ex-NBA Star) has bought into the team and now holds 50%. The team is, then JGT Daugherty. Ambrose fäht rum with medium success in the NW series for two years, has been on continuously developed. A top 35 place is not impossible for the team.
- GM strokes his racing budget together. The car company now gets to feel the brunt of the poor U.S. economy. Entire $ 10 billion must and will save you, and also the racing program, GM will be investigated. Here it comes but once only to the sponsorship of some routes / races that dearly GM. It has not yet said whether you want to save in the NASCAR racing department itself. But here you will probably answer it as a last resort, because you hardly want to fall behind Dodge, Ford or Toyota. At least not in the Sprint Cup. But the cost in NASCAR has exploded in recent years. Even Toyota hear that you want to put more money into the NASCAR under any circumstances. Ford has not taken a decision, at Dodge, you never know what's coming, because the company is owned by a private investment fund, yes. I am sure - should the U.S. economy continue so downhill, then that is just the beginning of a reduction aria in NASCAR.
Allegedly Jacques Villeneuve will go to the start at the northwest race in Montreal Presumably he will compete in the team of Robby Gordon He drives the # 32 Braun Racing, a team that is also supported by Toyota, and with this year.. Kyle Busch could already enter to win. But that to be a one time thing.
And what else?
- In WTCC race at Brands Hatch is a Volvo C30 go from the Swedish STCC Championship at the start. This could be an indication that Volvo seriously think about it, and enter the WTCC. After Toyota this year by three corners with a Yaris in the championship comes, so seems some in the WTCC do.
TV Weekend Preview is online. Preview for the remaining races coming tomorrow.
|LIVE||09:55 clock||F1||Hockenheim 1 FT||Premiere, DSF||12:30, 17:15|
|LIVE||13:55 clock||F1||Hockenheim 2 FT||Premiere, DSF||15:45, 18:45, 23:30|
|Record.||20:30 clock||Formula One||Hockenheim||DSF|
|LIVE||22:30 clock||ARCA||Kentucky Qualifying||SpeedTV|
9,801 total views, 21 views today